Tuesday, April 5, 2016

King of Herrings


What stood out to me the most about this indie's film was that is was very raw and vulgar. I think thats what made it interesting. I liked the black and white imagery and the camera movement was spot on, it felt like you were actually in the room. The New Orleans men's conversation was very strong and contained a good amount of profanity.  The two main characters that stood out to me were Ditch and Mary. The main character, Ditch, was a hot head and irrational most of time. At times, I couldn't believe the way he was acting or what he was saying to his friends. Mary, on the other hand, was very passive and almost seemed as if she was playing dumb at times. She seemed to be relying on pain medication to get through the day, which could explain her aloof personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment