Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Mobile Lovers

When I first saw Bansky's Mobile Lovers I was confused. I thought that "mobile" was referring to its ability to move. I thought it was a small piece that was brought to different places. However, when I took a closer look at it, I realized that the two lovers were holding phones behind one another while hugging. I thought this piece said a lot about our generation and how we have people right in front of us, yet we ignore that to socialize on a much broader scale. I thought it was also slightly ironic that people could see it in person and the rest of the world would see it on the internet. What I think is the best part is that the piece is life sized- making people feel equal to it and therefore more easily relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment