Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Tss, Tss, Tss


I chose this piece because it made me think. When I was going through the images, most of them made some kind of sense, but this one stopped me and made me think about it. It took me several minutes to understand what the air conditioner, the frying pan and the plant had in common or why they would have been placed in this arrangement or why together. After a couple of minutes of looking at this image, I read the title and could envision what would make that sound, water hitting a hot pan. When I think about art and sculptures, I usually think it to be mostly visual; so I found it interesting that the artist Mika Rottenberg provides not only a visual but also appeals to another one of our senses. I also really liked that the piece was named by the sound it makes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment